Monday, July 11, 2005

The Darker Side of Capitalism

No matter how noble or just something is, there is always the potential for a darker side to exist. Indeed it usually does exist, even if we don't see it. Capitalism is no different. There is no other form of economic principle in the world that is as just and fair as capitalism. It is the only economic concept in which the participants can be completely, truly free. But then there is the "darker" side. That same principle of freedom also gives the nibbleheads of the world the freedom to do stuff like this. I'm a conservative, I'm a capitalist, and I'm also happily married. What these tools are doing is deplorable. Don't get me wrong, they have every right, there's nothing illegal about what they are doing, and some may argue that there's nothing morally wrong with it either. I, of course, would not be one of those people. Penny does a good job of explaining the problem, and what to do about it.

They have every right to print their cards and try and make money with it. I have every right to call them dispicable and foolish.