Thursday, July 08, 2004

John's new John

So as I'm sure you've heard, John Kerry has chosen his new running mate, John Edwards, the fourth most liberal senator in the country. Speaking of which, guess who the first is. I'll give you a hint, it ain't Ted Kennedy. I'll give you another hint, his name is John too. Choosing Edwards wasn't much of a surprise to me really. Despite the way Kerry insulted Edwards during the primaries, Edwards has something he desparately needs....charisma. In case you haven't noticed, Kerry has none.

Something that did surprise though, is that this time the GOP was prepared for this. And unlike with most moves by the DNC in recent years, the GOP retaliated swiftly, and came out with all guns a'blazin'. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. After all this time watching the GOP let the left kick them around, it's nice to see they may actually "have a set".