Thursday, April 15, 2004

So much for the "shareware" theory

My whole problem with Linux is that they have always claimed that Microsoft held an illegal monopoly on the OS business. They claim that property rights don't really exist on this type of produce. Anyone with sense knows that this is a bunch of crap. Microsoft has what I call, a natural monopoly. That is, they own the market because there simply is isn't any real competition out there. Linux, Microsoft's biggest competitor has stayed so mostly becuase it offers it's produce, basically for free. Which is fine, I don't have a problem with that. It's thier system they can do what they like with it. And I'm not saying Linux isn't a good product. I simply don't use it because a) it's not user friendly compared to windows and b)it's not compatible with most of my software.

Well, with all the rave about shareware and the like, I find it amusing to see a story like this.