Saturday, August 07, 2004

The Political Compass

I've never really been one to label myself. Conservatives, libertarians, objectivists, whatever. All I really know is that I'n not a sissy girly man liberal. But I got to thinking, if I did "label" myself, what would I be, really? So I started nosing around the internet, around other blogs; and finally came across The Zoo. And via the zoo, I was able to link through to this nifty little tool. The Political Compass. It's a series of simple questions designed to get a general idea of your combined view of economics and sociology; otherwise known as politics. It gives you a set of "coordinates" and with those you find where you are on the political graph/compass. It's by no means complete or even very scientific, but none-the-less actually gives a decend idea of what your "label" would be. So go check it out, and if you feel so inclined leave your score and "label" in the comments section. In the interest of full disclosure, I scored way to the right and slightly up. In fact, I was so far to the right, where most of my right thinking colleagues were scoring around a 3-5 on the left/right scale, I scored just over an 8. I was kinda surprised to be alone in that area, with a couple of exceptions; most notably two old friends of mine who have since retired from blogging.

By the way, if you're a blogger, and feel so inclined; you can give Sanor your score and he'll include you in his political compass project.