Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Who the Hell Cares What I Think?

Ok, here it is. The first in a what I hope to be a long, long list of editorial type pieces. This will be simply that, my opinion on a bunch of different crap. Like or leave it, it's up to you. I'm only planning on really covering one topic a day, but since it's the BIG DEBUT, I'm gonna do a few today.

First off, I'll cover this supposed constitutional amendment to ban gay marriages. Let's get this straight. I do not in any way condone homosexuality. I am a Christian (albeit not a very good one often times), and obviously this doesn't fall within that perspective. Now with that in mind, let's talk. Or better yet, I'll talk, you just sit down and read. The more constitutional amendments you have, the more insignificant the constitution becomes. It was created by our forefathers for the SOLE purpose of being used as a guideline for running the government. Homosexuality is, for lack of a better term, a behavioral issue. And I am of the opinion that you don't legislate behavior. That is not the role of the government, especially not the federal government. As a Christian, I believe that one of the most important gifts we have, is the gift of free will. We choose what to do with our lives. That's the way it is. If you don't like the way someone chooses to live their life, to bad. So long as they are not infringing on the rights of others, it's none of your stinking business. Deal with it. That said, in the interest of full disclosure, my best friend, a man I happily introduce people to as my brother, is gay. I don't have any problem being around him. I don't have a problem with my kids being around him. In fact he's very good with them. After all, he's gay, not homicidal.

**************************************************************

President Bush has announced that it is time for man to return to the moon.
Now, you may be wondering why, as a conservative, I would be advocating spending a whole crap load of money on going to the moon. Yes, I am against unnecessary spending. However, I am all for defense spending. Yes, I said defense spending. That's what this is all about folks. In the future, whomever controls space, will control the world. Not literally. But whichever country holds the most sway over "space" in the future will have a decided advantage militarily. Not to mention the side benefits of space exploration. There will be new technologies developed because of this that will be of more than just military use. I admit though that military and defense should be the prime objective in this endeavor.

**************************************************************

Oh good Lord, will Clark just not go away.
Really, he thinks the commander in chief has been dishonest? What the hell has Clark been doing? And this NATO Anti-terror thing is a joke. Yeah, NATO and the UN have been REAL helpful thus far. Just what we need, another world-wide organization that will do absolutely squat about anything. Here's a news flash for you Clark, the good majority of the UN and NATO would like to see us DEAD!!!

And I think that'll do it for now folks. Keep up this week for more updates.