Monday, April 24, 2006

Are you better off now?

"Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" I really hate that phrase. Yes, it was asked by one of the greatest presidents of our generation. And yes, in it's context it was appropriate. But it has become a staple now of how a given administration is doing. Democrats like to ask if we are better off under George Bush than we were under Bill Clinton. To be frank, the answer to that is yes. At least for me anyway. It may be a completely different scenario for you. The point is, my being better off now than I was four years ago has absolutely nothing with GWB, JWC or any other president for that matter. My life got steadily better during the Clinton years. It had nothing to do with Clinton. My life at the end of the Clinton years/beginning of the Bush years wasn't so great. It had nothing to do with Clinton or Bush. People who rely on the government to make their lives better are waiting on a train that will never come. If a person wants to make their life better it is up to one person; themselves. Those who are waiting on government to interven on their behalf to make their lives better are giving too much credit to the powers that be, and not enough to themselves.


As a side note, I would like to add that for me personally nothing would be possible without the help of God Almighty guiding my way.