Thursday, February 26, 2004

My experiment: How it failed before it started

Here is what my experiment was going to be. I was going to go over to DU and start a thread about the most whacked out, far fetched anti-right wing conspiracy theory I could think of. I was thinking something along the lines of how Bush is secretly engineering the genocide of all ME cultures by blowing up orphanages and arranging to have baby's "still-born". This way the ME population would eventually deteriorate down to nothing. Then I would just let the thread go from there and see what came out of it. Unfortunately, they now have a rule there where you cannot start a thread until you have posted a certain amount of replies first. They won't say how many. Apparently this is done to keep out the right-wingers. Anyway, I just don't have the time or patience (or attention span for that matter) to do that kind of thing. If anyone else does though, feel free to try it. Just email me with the topic, your username, and a link to your topic. I'll be happy to post it here.

BTW-If anyone still believes DU is actually an "open" discussion forum...read their forum rules. Especially the part where it says all right wingers will be banned. So much for open debate.